Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Soldier Crawl

He's on the move. For weeks now I've been putting Carmine on the floor on his bottom in the middle of a donut of toys. He's pretty content and I LOVE this stage of babyhood. He's even holding his arms up when he wants me to hold him. I LOVE IT. However, as quickly as this stage has arrived, the next stage is sadly on it's way in. The dreaded crawling stage. Crawling is cute. Sure. But that means my floors have to stay extra clean. Sugar is a long haired cat and her hairballs are everywhere. I can vacuum and 20 minutes later more hairballs. I just can't have a cat and a baby spitting up hairballs. Besides getting rid of Sugar (which we've considered for this reason alone) there is just no getting around it except vacuuming every morning. Awesome. So lately I've been finding Carmine under the tree batting at the low hanging ornaments. It's really cute. But now I'm freaking out that he's going to be putting Christmas tree needles in his mouth. (Yes, we are one of an endangered species, the real tree people.) This is a 4 minute video of Carmine doing the soldier crawl.


1 comment:

Carl&JulieFamilySite said...

First of all... HE IS SO CUTE!!! Second. I can't believe him!! WOW!!! Christian never did a soldier crawl! I can't believe how far and fast he moves! Look out brothers, you're going to have to keep your legos up high!