Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cake Auction

The boys slam-dunked the cake auction this year. Or, I should say, Brad slam-dunked the cake auction this year. Why does he continue to put the pressure on himself? It will be hard to beat the "campfire" cake he made this year. The boys and I are so proud of his work. The detail is amazing. I definitely don't think I have the patience to pull off a cake like Brad's-I mean, Dominic's and Ethan's. Allthough, my "cookie" cake was nothing to sneeze at.

The auction was a lot of fun. They boys discussed ahead of time that they would agree on a cake they both wanted, all the while keeping in mind the personal bidding allowance we set for them. Then Ethan would represent the both of them when it comes to the bidding. This was to prevent them from bidding against each other like they did last year. The cake they both agreed to bid on was, of course, the Lego cake. Their second choice cake was (get ready for it) the SpongeBob cake. They were not allowed to bid on the campfire cake, or mom's cookie cake.

Half way through the auction the cub master annouced the winners of the different categories. The boys won the "Best All-Around Cake" award. No doubt, due to all the blood, sweat, and tears (I think Ethan's cheek grazed Brad's elbow once) they surely deserve it. When the Cub Master called them up for their certificate only Dominic could bask in the glory because Ethan was... where? Where else. In the bathroom doing what Ethan does best.




At the end of the night, Brad's "Campfire" cake brought in $26 dollars and my "Cookie" cake brought in, what? $31. Yes, my cookie cake was the dark horse. (Go me!) Since the video I made was all about the beautiful "Camfire" cake I thought I'd pop in a picture of my beauty...



Here's a few pics of Brad's masterpeice. We are so proud of him. He really put a lot of time and effort into this cake and it was a little hard to let it go when the Wolf paid for it and walked away. I think I saw Brad get a little misty-eyed. Sigh. Good-bye lucious pound cake topped with chocolatey goodness. Hello Lego cake (Ethan ended up getting the highest bid on the crowd pleaser. $16.)




Other honorable mentions that we liked...


This one was my favorite. Van Gogh's Starry, Starry Night. It won "best works of art".


The French Fry cake


The Lego cake


Very creative. Won "best scouting theme".


The Californian in me loved this one. Take a close look. The beach towels are strips of gum. I love it!

3 comments:

Melody Johnson said...

That is so cool!

Anonymous said...

Brad, you are "The Man" when it comes to Cub Scouts. The cake looks fantastic. Mom

Carl&JulieFamilySite said...

What a friggin' blast!!! I love it! Brad's cake was by far the most awesome! Go, Brad, Go! Although the cookie cake wasn't so shabby. (Cookie x 2) + Frosting = A Cake that Works for Me! Go Catie! Go Catie!