Thursday, April 22, 2010

2 Year Old Predator Attacks Cute Baby Boy in Mall Play Area


I remembered how several years ago I would take Dominic and Ethan to the mall and let them play in the "play area". We would stop by American Cookie Co., they would get an Elmo cookie, I would pick up a cup of coffee, then we would take the elevator down to the "play area". Always tons of kids. I remember the older annoying kids. They would run around and unknowingly bump and send the little ones to their bottoms. And for whatever reason, the bigger annoying kids always had filthy socks on with holes. And they were always half on - half off. Why is that? Big annoying kid's mom's never paid attention either. Always texting. As the years passed, Dominic and Ethan became the bigger annoying kids, and to their disappointment I banned them from the "play area". They were getting too big and too rough. Besides, their socks were dirty. I just couldn't be one of those moms. I know all I would do is sit there and text. I would not pay attention. One of my boys would send a defenseless toddler to their fluffy bum. But now, now I can return to the "play area" with my adorable Carmine. I will be diligently hovering over him. One of the good moms. My arms will shield him from big annoying kids (ahem, or small annoying kids). My baby will love the "play area". In fact I will even take off my shoes. I'm so awesome.


4 comments:

Samantha said...

Nice. And the "older" kid didn't even mean to do it. But don't you just want to punch him in the head? Dang that boy of yours is cute. It's almost too much to handle!

Carl&JulieFamilySite said...

Ohhhhh, did you want to knock that kid out?!?! Catie, seriously, Carmine is so cute and squeezable. I must see and squeeze him now. Christian feels the same way.

Catie said...

Yea, I thought he was cute. But you should see him now. He got a haircut yesterday and I cannot stop kissing him.

Cassie said...

Oh Catie, you are awesome! This post made me laugh out loud. At least the older kid had a stuffed dog that might have provided some cushioning--for the older kid. Poor Carmine.