Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Film

The boys got two snow days last week on top of a holiday weekend. That's 5 days without school. By the 5th day we had to get pretty creative to help pass the time. Brad and I recently discovered that we had some fun movie making software on our computer. I'm so glad I married a person who has a clue about computers, because I sure as heck don't. I would've been playing around with this years ago.

I gave the boys freedom to make a movie short. I told them it can be whatever they wanted it to be. Just please, no one getting shot or macheted. They are obsessed with weaponry, blood, and bodily functions (in that order). As they walk in the door after school the conversation will go like this:

Dom : "Ethan guess what. Micheal made a bad choice today and took his DS to school. Mrs. Doyle saw it and took it away."

Ethan: "Ha ha! Did he take a knife and stab her neck?! Haha!"

Dom: "Ha ha ha ha ha! Yea, Micheal was like "YEEEE - WAAAA!! CHUUUU!!" Then a swift karate chop to the air followed by running after Ethan with a pretend knife in his hand. All the while Ethan runs about with his arms flailing making blood spewing noises.

Should I be concerned?

I tried my best to encourage cute stuff for the movie. Like chipmunks. I was a fool. I've included the dialogue because it can be a bit hard to follow. You'll see why. This was all them. I had nothing to do with the plot, the dialogue, or anything (my disclaimer).

Ethan: "Hello, I'm Ethan."
Dominic: "Hello, I'm Dominic."
Both: "We will be performing a dance."
Ethan: "Do you like the circus?"
Dominic: "I love the circus!"
Ethan: "Do you like pie?"
Both: "We love pie! Now let's do our dance."
Carmine: Squeak!
Both: Chipmunk robot sounds. (???)
Mom: "I knew one of you would end up dead."

Dominic: "Hi Grandma! Can I have $2 for the toy store?"
Ethan: "Sure. Give me .25 cents back."
Ethan: "Aaaahhh..."
Dominic: "To be continued"

Dominic: "Ha ha! Very funny Grandma."
Ethan: "But what if I am not your Grandma?"
Dominic: "Maybe your a murderer."
Ethan: "They always run... To be continued."










4 comments:

Samantha said...

Um, well, um.... that was, um, incredible! You boys sure are creative! Best movies I've seen all day!

Just so you know Catie, with boys, everything at some point turns into something having to do with weapons, blood and bodily fluids. Is it normal you ask? No, but what do I know.... I'm just a girl.

Tom said...

uh...yeah...they aren't the Cohen brothers (Fargo), but more like the Farely brothers (There Something About Mary). Reminds me of the silly stuff that Jon and I used to record each other saying on audio cassette when we were like 7 or 8.

Anonymous said...

That was very creative. Who knows what the Cohen Bos. first efforts were like. I look forward to the next Volini Brothers production. Gramma California

Melody Johnson said...

That is so funny! The things they come up with in Texas!