Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch 2009

We almost didn't make it to the Flower Mound Pumpkin Patch this year. But I knew later that I would be kicking myself for not taking Carmine there for his very first Halloween. He just had to have his picture taken in that little pot (see pic). We went with some neighbors. The boys had a blast and PLAYED HARD. Needless to say, they will sleep well tonight. I noticed this year for the first time that Dominic and Ethan are almost the older annoying kids. You know the kids I'm talking about. The boys which all the moms glare at. The ones who are constantly being reminded by the employees that they need to slow down. That you aren't supposed to climb up the slide. I can't take my eyes off of them because I'm afraid they are not going to see the sweet little 3 year old Tinkerbell below them as they topple down the slide rolling and flopping around obvivious to their surroundings. I'm sorry mommies. But soon it will be your turn. A few years ago I was the skiddish mom giving the evil eye to the kids who I thought were too old to be in the jumphouses bonking into my precious babies (in which Dom is still 8 and technically still old enough to jump in them). So there!










3 comments:

Carl&JulieFamilySite said...

OMG! That video was so cute! Did you see the muddy socks on those boys on that slide! LOL! Oh dear. "Flopping" is a good description. I'm definitely that skittish mom. In fact, I'm the mom that would go out and whip any kid back into shape that was so much as even causing a strong breeze next to Christian. In fact, I lectured a kid in a store the other day b/c he was being really mean to his sister and his mom was standing right there and I didn't know it. Ha, oops. But she didn't say anything, she looked almost relieved that someone else was reprimanding him! LOL!

Carl&JulieFamilySite said...

OH, and most importantly - CAN CARMINE BE ANY CUTER IN THAT FIRST PICTURE?!?! This is so hilarious!! I'm so glad you forced yourself to go! I'll bet D & E are, too! I'm sure they're sawin' logs tonight! Heehee!

Rebecca Johnson said...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE Carmine's picture in the pot!! So freakin' CUTE!! =) And the big boys looked like they had a blast!!