Monday, September 15, 2008

We told the boys


We finally told the boys last week that there will be an addition. We told Ethan that in May he will be a big brother. His response was, "But I won't have a birthday yet." A little confused, but that's okay. Then Brad said "Your mother's pregnant." No comment from the boys. Then I said, "There's a baby in my tummy." Ethan's eyes popped out and his mouth his the floor. Dominic jumped out of his chair and clapped his hands and said "You have a baby in your tummy?!?!" Ethan wanted to know how I knew. I told him that we took a test. That wasn't much help. I told him I had to pee on the test. A little humor to confuse them is always fun. They looked disgusted. After I assured him that the pee is no longer on the test, we just pee on a stick to find out the results, then we clean off the stick. And how my pee contains certain homones that are read on the test. This made no sense to them, but it was no less the truth. Later we finally got around to showing them sticks and how to read it. They agreed, I did have a baby in my belly. Then they ran off to go play legos.

2 comments:

Melody Johnson said...

That is so funny! Take lots of pictures of your belly as it grows!

Anonymous said...

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH. WE WANT A GIRL.
JULIES GRAM JEWEL